How do I find my external hard drive on my Mac?
Open the Finder. Click on Finder in the menu at the top of your screen. Choose Preferences > General and make sure that there is a tick beside External Drives.
Check Apple's Disk Utility to see if an external drive is showing up. Disk Utility is within System Preferences, or you can find it using Spotlight. If it is visible, then click the option to Mount, which should make it visible on the desktop and in the External Drives option in the Finder menu.
- Plug your external hard drive into your desktop or laptop PC. ...
- In the Windows 10 search bar, type This PC.
- Click This PC.
- Double-click the external hard drive listed. ...
- Access any files on the hard drive like you would with an ordinary internal hard drive.
If the drive still isn't working, unplug it and try a different USB port. It's possible the port in question is failing, or just being finicky with your specific drive. If it's plugged into a USB 3.0 port, try a USB 2.0 port. If it's plugged into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into the PC instead.
Change settings for desktop. Sometimes your Mac detects the USB drive but doesn't show it on the desktop. Hence, you ought to go to Finder > Preferences > General and ensure the "External disks" option is ticked. At that point, you'll see the USB drive appearing on the Mac.
- Insert your USB flash drive into your Mac's USB port.
- Click "Finder" from the Mac's Dock.
- Click the name of your USB flash drive in the left pane under "Devices." Doing so opens the flash drive and displays its contents in the right pane.
How to Set Up & Use External Hard Drive on MacBook Air - YouTube
You can open your home folder by choosing Go > Home from the Finder menu bar. Drag Photos Library to a location on your external storage device. Learn what to do if you get an error. After the move is finished, double-click Photos Library in its new location to open it.
- Download Disk Drill for Windows or Mac OS X and install it.
- Connect your external hard drive.
- Launch Disk Drill and click the Search for lost data button next to your external hard drive.
- Select which files you want to recover.
- Connect a USB storage device to your Android device.
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- At the bottom, tap Browse. . ...
- Tap the storage device you want to open. Allow.
- To find files, scroll to "Storage devices" and tap your USB storage device.