How to install ckan ksp on mac?
- Download and install Mono.
- Open it.
- Drag CKAN.app to your desktop (or any other folder you prefer)
- Double click it.
- If a permission request similar to "bash" wants access to control "Terminal" pops up, press "OK"
Installing the client is very easy: just head to our releases and download the latest version of ckan.exe. You don't have to worry about platforms: CKAN is built using Mono, so it will work the same on Windows, Mac or Linux. Even though it's a .exe file, it will still work, thanks to Mono!
- Click File → Install from .ckan.
- A dialog window opens where you select your <metapackage>.ckan and then click "Open"
- Installation will ensue just like when installing other mods through CKAN.
The CKAN is a metadata repository and associated tools to allow you to find, install, and manage mods for Kerbal Space Program.
- Make sure you have .NET 4.5 installed.
- Download ckan.exe (under "Assets") from the latest CKAN release.
- Save ckan.exe somewhere you remember. People often place it inside the root of their KSP folder, on their Desktop, or in their user folder. Don't put it in GameData though.
- Run ckan.exe.
If you are on macOS Catalina, you'll notice that CKAN's Console UI opens in a terminal, instead of the GUI. This is because macOS dropped support for 32-bit applications with version 10.15, and Mono's WinForms implementation is 32-bit only. For more information, check this PR and this issue.
CKAN won't start
If you are on macOS Catalina or later, the GUI is no longer functional. Use CKAN v1. 26.6 or later, which defaults to the console UI. Try redownloading the ckan.exe and running it again.
For those of you who told CKAN to use your steam installation of KSP, you can go into CKAN and set "KSP command-line" to "steam://run/220200" and it will launch the game through steam for you by using the steam browser protocol.
How to install CKAN - 2 Minute Mods - Kerbal Space Program 01 - YouTube
- Create the directory where CKAN will store uploaded files: sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/ckan/default.
- Add the following line to your CKAN config file, after the [app:main] line: ckan.storage_path = /var/lib/ckan/default.
- Set the permissions of your ckan.storage_path directory.
Is CKAN safe?
Is ckan safe to use? The python package ckan was scanned for known vulnerabilities and missing license, and no issues were found. Thus the package was deemed as safe to use. See the full health analysis review.
- Launch the CKAN GUI by double-clicking the ckan .exe in your KSP directory.
- Use the Filter to find Realism Overhaul.
- Select Realism Overhaul to install.
- Click Go To Changes.
- Proceed through the menus to select your installation.
- Download the correct version of Parallax for your KSP version.
- Drag and drop the "Parallax" folder into GameData.
- Adjust any settings you need to in the config (Parallax/Config/ParallaxGlobal.cfg)
- Launch the game, and make sure your terrain quality is set to high.
If you've downloaded the game on Steam and can't find the file folder, right-click the game in your Steam library, select Properties > Local Files > Browse. In your KSP folder, open the GameData folder. Drag the mod file folder to the GameData folder. That's all there is to it.
- Choose the branch you want (you will generally want master).
- Press the green "Clone or Download" button and choose the the zip option.
- In the downloaded zip, navigate to the GameData folder.
- Copy the contents into your KSP GameData folder.
Kerbal Space program is a spyware program that mines large amounts of personal information of its users, to use for its own advertising, and to sell to other advertisers. On its face, it is a video game, but it is loaded with a huge amount of spyware that makes it completely unusable from a privacy standpoint.
Add the mod to the game.
This will take you to the main Kerbal folder on your computer. Locate the GameData folder. Unpack your mod folder (which should be in your computer's Downloads) into the GameData folder. Open the game to ensure your mods were installed correctly, and start playing!
On 24 June 2021, the last version of Kerbal Space Program, version 1.12, was released.
To install MechJeb, start by downloading the MechJeb mod at https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/mechjeb. Once you've downloaded the mod, double-click the MechJeb zip file and extract the contents of the file. Then, right-click the extracted MechJeb2 folder and click Cut to remove the folder.
The default directories on Mac and Linux computers are in the home directories of the user. Within the library folder, Kerbal Space Program is in the SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program directory.
How do I change KSP version?
Just rename the main KSP folder to something like "KSP235", make a desktop shortcut to the . EXE in that folder, and you can run it without steam. Only problem is that steam won't track your progress or anything on any copy of KSP that you run seperate in this fashion.
The orbit simulation is quite accurate, including how to change inclination, raise/lower orbits, leave a planet, and approach a new planet. The staging is somewhat accurate. The use of fuel, acceleration, mass, etc.
Realism Overhaul is a mod that makes Kerbal Space Program behave like real life. If you're interested in seeing what it's like to fly real (or could-be-real) rockets in the real world, this is the mod for you! Realism Overhaul does this by modifying other mods and stock parts to perform as their real-life equivalents.
Acquire the latest release of "Astronomer's Visual Pack" from GitHub. Drop the "GameData" folder inside the archive into your KSP installation. Download a texture resolution of your choice (2k, 4k, and 8k downloads are currently available). Drop the "GameData" folder inside the archive into your KSP installation.
Does this work with EVE and Scatterer? Yes. Parallax was developed alongside Scatterer, so I recommend for the best results you use them both together.