Why is my computer stuck on mute?
Check if the speaker icon on the far bottom-right next is active. If there is an X on the virtual speaker, it means it's on mute. Click on it to bring up the volume slider, then adjust to the right to unmute.
If you hold down the Function key while clicking the volume keys (F5 & F6) that should fix it.
Check your Windows sound settings
Right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen, and then hit 'Open volume mixer'. If there is a little red circle over the speaker icons, click on it to unmute your sound.
Check that the speakers are turned on and connected properly
If your computer has external speakers, make sure that they are turned on and that the volume is turned up. Make sure that the speaker cable is securely plugged into the “output” audio socket on your computer.
How to Unmute Your PC - YouTube
Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -
1) In Windows, type "Find and fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems. 2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
If any of them are muted, you'll see an "x" next to the volume control . To unmute do one of the following: Select the volume control and adjust to the desired volume level. Select the Unmute speakers icon .
- Click the "Speaker" icon at the lower-right corner of the taskbar next to the "Time" indicator to open the volume control. ...
- Check the volume levels to make sure they are not down all the way. ...
- Check the audio controls on the console of the laptop.
- Check your volume settings. ...
- Restart or change your audio device. ...
- Install or update audio or speaker drivers. ...
- Disable audio enhancements. ...
- Update the BIOS.
Check Your Output Device
To check which device is selected, you will need to go into your user settings, select the “Voice and Video” tab, then make sure you have the correct output device set. If it is, also make sure that the volume is not set to zero while you are in the tab.
Why has my laptop got no sound?
There are several reasons your laptop's audio may not be working: The volume could be muted. The internal speakers could be malfunctioning. Windows may be sending sound to the wrong audio device.
Pressing "CTRL+SHIFT+M" will activate the "Mute Volume" shortcut and will mute your system volume. Pressing "CTRL+SHIFT+U" will activate the "Unmute Volume" shortcut and will unmute your system volume.
You'll need to adjust the volume settings with Windows if the buttons on your Dell laptop don't work. The quickest way is to find the speaker icon located on the right side of the task bar. Double-click the icon and the volume controls will open. Adjust the volume and make sure the mute button isn't on.
Hold Shift+Control+Option and the Power button at the same time for approx. 10 seconds. Release the keys. Reboot your Mac and check the sound.
Use the Settings menu. Select the "Settings" icon from the Android phone's home screen. Select "Sound Settings," then clear the "Silent Mode" check box.